LiveCD Future

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 15 18:40:24 PDT 2008

Hello,

I know that we've talked about this before but given the events of the
past year or so, I'd like to revisit this briefly.

Alexander and I have been talking and we're trying to take a very
realistic approach to any efforts made to re-enliven the LiveCD project.

Without going into too many details of our own concerns and ideas about
the future of the project (yet), I'd appreciate some feedback/opinions
concerning the usefulness of the LiveCD.

This thread is not designed to spark feature requests. Whatever
direction we pursue, the LiveCD (or at least the main one) will aim to
be fairly simple. The purpose of this thread is to see at what level are
LiveCDs beneficial or useful to the community, especially the {,B}LFS
editors so that we can modify the core goals and aims of the project for
future efforts.

Thanks in advance,