Instructions on booting LFS LiveCD from a usb key drive

Rodney Beede contactme at rodneybeede.com
Tue Oct 14 11:08:45 PDT 2008

I've written some detailed instructions on how to create a bootable
usb drive that can boot the LiveCD iso.  You don't even have to
extract the entire iso to make it work.

I used the LFS LiveCD Documentation page
(http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/documentation.html) as a
starting point, but I found it lacked several details especially
relating to grub.

I just wanted to post this in the event it is helpful to someone else.
 Perhaps the instructions can be copied into the manual itself.  I'm
not sure how to go about having the documentation updated.

You can view my instructions at
http://www.rodneybeede.com/2008/10/booting-linux-from-scratch-livecd-from.html

Rodney