LFS-LIVECD, Your DISTRO - Your way.

J. Greenlees lists at jaqui-greenlees.net
Wed Feb 27 03:45:22 PST 2008

A quick rephrasing of what is being said in the what next thread, taking
into consideration the concerns and preferences of those posting
[ written as the purpose statement for such a book ]

LFS-LIVECD
 Your DISTRO - Your way.

The purpose of the livecd project is to teach how to create a
distribution that is maintainable and usable for either desktop or for a
server.

You should be familiar with GNU-Linux, and comfortable with the command
line tools for working with this document.

In this document we will be detailing the steps required to create a
bootable livecd where we only detail the REQUIRED software, which
package manager, which GUI is used is up to you, the reader.

For going beyond this minimal livecd system you will need to read the
BLFS book. Reading the LFS book itself will most definitely be a part of
building your livecd distro.