LiveCD or No LiveCD?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 25 09:57:56 PST 2008

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> IMHO, that's already too much for jhalfs to be useful. Some work should be
> started on merging the useful bits back to LFS, and we should decide how to
> handle the rest of the deviations.

If we're starting minimal, and we aim to stick strictly to the LFS book
(as was an original aim; I realize I approved deviation for several of
those items for various circumstances) then there's no reason we can't
use jhalfs.

You know better than I the reason for most of those changes. And you
know which ones are suited to be merged back to LFS (with
developer/community approval). I suggest you try to get the ones you
feel are important merged to LFS and we'll drop the others if we start
on a CD from scratch. I would want to get back to that original aim of
adhering to the LFS book without deviation for the main system.