LiveCD or No LiveCD?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 25 09:23:56 PST 2008

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> It may be
> easier to start from scratch instead of "updating" this quirky CD.

If we were to go back and start from scratch for the next CD, I would
start with an _absolutely_ minimal CD and get rid of nearly all of the
BLFS packages) so that we could focus on general design considerations
early on. New scripts that supports package management in the build
process as we had earlier discussed would be easier to generate. I
wonder if we could adapt jhalfs to do the work for us?

We could focus on designing from the ground up a CD that will be eaiser
to maintain, test and report usage on.