LiveCD Network Card Detected but not Loaded

Charles chp516 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 19:01:02 PST 2008

Hi all,

I have a Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller. When I
booted from the LiveCD 6.3-r2160, the kernel found the network card
and lspci could correctly display the full name while my Knoppix would
display a Marvell Yukon unknown Controller. But the funny thing is
that I couldn't find anything like eth0 in /dev, and the network card
didn't function at all, no signal lights were working. I don't know
what is the problem, can anyone help me?

Charles