Trying to boot from USB stick with syslinux: Could not find initram disk image: initramf.s_d

Jean FX xor007 at gmail.com
Sun May 13 05:49:46 PDT 2007

Hi All,

Have been trying to boot the liveCD from a usb stick, by applying conversion
procedures used for other live distros(like Knoppix): replacing isolinux
with syslinux. But after the boot splash, the kernel loads but complains
that :
"Could not find initram disk image: initramf.s_d". I did bring all the
boot/isolux/* files to the top of the flash disk directory structure as in
the Knoppix procedure but am not sure if that is the right way to do it.

Am interested to use lfs as base for a router project on a machine that can
only take a USB device, and don't have the convenience of an external USB
optical drive. Furthermore I think I live USB given the cost of the Medium
these days has become a more convenient solution than liveCDs.

Any idea?

Regards,
Jean