Proposal for the LiveCD project

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Fri May 18 07:30:59 PDT 2007

I understand Alexanders frustration in the kind of questions that
get asked on this list and how people are tempted to try to cheat
the book with the LiveCD.  However I think that the LiveCD
project is quite valuable for the LFS project when used properly - it
has been my favorite way to install LFS on the last few machines
I've built and I have in fact used it as a rescue CD.

I think the problem is not so much the LiveCD distribution itself,
but this mailing list which gets misused for end user support.

I therefore propose that the livecd mailing list be made closed and
invitation only.  That way people would be forced to use the user list
unless they are contributing directly to the LiveCD development effort.
Some kind of mechanism could be worked out for someone to request to
be invited.

If this cuts down the frustration of LiveCD development and keeps
future development happening I think it would be well worth it.

Any thoughts?

Steve