Booting from SATA CDROM

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 28 09:36:01 PDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 09:51:25PM +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> This may mean that the particular model of the SATA controller is
> unsupported (jmicron?). Or maybe (I am not sure when this became the
> default) you just have to boot the CD as "linux libata.atapi_enabled=1".

Yes it's a jmicron. Does that kernel have the jmicron driver enabled?

> And, the kernel on the 6.2-5 CD is really old.

That could be a bit of a problem. I don't have enough time to build a custom
livecd. Is any work being done on the livecd version that includes a newer
kernel version and the jmicron driver?

I'll try your kernel command line suggestion and try passing the
libata.atapi_enabled parameter to see if it makes a difference.

--
Gerard Beekmans