Booting from SATA CDROM

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 28 08:04:31 PDT 2007

Hey guys,

I have this new computer I'd like to get LFS installed on (of course). I'm
hitting a little snag with the Live CD, version 6.2-5. It is unable to locate
the LiveCD once the kernel has finished loading. I'm running from a SATA
CD-RW/DVD-RAM type drive.

I just spotted the 6.3-pre1 version which I've begun downloading just in case I
get lucky with it.

In the mean time I'll try this CD of course. Maybe it's just a matter of kernel
tweaking.

I'm pretty sure that I read in a previous release announcement that SATA CD
drives are supported out-of-the-box, correct?

Talk to you guys later,

--
Gerard Beekmans