error using hibernate

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sat Mar 17 07:26:12 PDT 2007

Je Co wrote:
>     Pretty sure formatted the swap partition, but formatted it again.
>     Free gives total of swap 204112 total, used 80 and free 204032,
>     seems ok to me. But, still same write error.

I am not sure if this is enough, or that you have enough RAM in your box.
Hibernation works by making sure that less than 50% of your RAM is used
(perhaps by pushing some pages into swap, but this doesn't always work),
then atomically copying one half of the RAM into the other, and writing the
copy to swap.

There may be more information in the output of "dmesg | tail".