LiveCD x86-6.2.5 maintenance mode password ?

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sat Jun 30 03:09:40 PDT 2007

Patrice wrote:

> I try to boot my LFS liveCD in single user mode ("S" option at boot prompt), but
> it ask me for a password. Does someone know what it is ?

There is no valid password (please ignore the previous reply by Chris - his
suggestion to press Enter doesn't apply to your situation). Anything you
type here will be wrong. The passwd and shadow entries for root are:

root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
root:x:13688:0:99999:7:::

The "S" option at the boot prompt is unsupported. BTW, why do you want to
use it? If you want to do a recovery procedure on your system, there is no
need to add "S" to the CD boot prompt. If you are trying to work around a
bug, please report it instead (and test
http://ums.usu.ru/~patrakov/test/lfslivecd-x86-6.3-pre2-r1939.iso or
http://ums.usu.ru/~patrakov/test/lfslivecd-x86-6.3-pre2-r1939-nosrc.iso -
the -nosrc CD is identical to the full one, but doesn't contain LFS sources).