Status on G965 as of r1903

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Mon Jun 11 00:47:14 PDT 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 6/10/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
>> You may want to download the pre-built iso:
>>
>> http://ums.usu.ru/~patrakov/test/lfslivecd-x86-6.3-pre2-r1912.iso
>>
>> Or, if you seriously want to contribute, you have no choice except to build
>> the whole thing.
>
> I rebuilt the initramfs with the current HEAD (r1912) and rebuilt the
> iso using the remastering doc.  Are there any docs for how the full
> builds are done? Mostly, I'd just like to know what the relevant
> variables and targets are. I see ROOT and WDIR, but that was just from
> looking in a couple Makefiles. Mostly what I'm interested in for now
> is the initramfs, so I don't plan to rebuild the root.ext2 system
> often.

mkdir /mnt/lfs
cd /mnt/lfs
svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/trunk lfs-livecd
cd lfs-livecd
make

Or, if you prefer to use another directory:

mkdir /mnt/vm
cd /mnt/vm
svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/trunk lfs-livecd
cd lfs-livecd
echo "export MPBASE = /mnt/vm" >Makefile.personal
make

That's all. "make scrub" will erase everything, "make unmount" will properly
  clean up the mounts after a build error.

If you change anything and type "make" again, only the changed packages will
be rebuilt.

> Anyway, it still only works sometimes to get the node/symlink up.
> Strangely, the retry code doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Could you please add a "sleep 5" just after "/sbin/udevd --daemon", for
testing? I suspect that udevtrigger is started too early.

OTOH, this might be a genuine upstream bug in libata, in which case I will
leave it unfixed.

As for the USB keyboard issue, this should be fixed in r1915.