Status on G965 as of r1903

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 23:25:15 PDT 2007

On 6/10/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:

> You may want to download the pre-built iso:
>
> http://ums.usu.ru/~patrakov/test/lfslivecd-x86-6.3-pre2-r1912.iso
>
> Or, if you seriously want to contribute, you have no choice except to build
> the whole thing.

I rebuilt the initramfs with the current HEAD (r1912) and rebuilt the
iso using the remastering doc.  Are there any docs for how the full
builds are done? Mostly, I'd just like to know what the relevant
variables and targets are. I see ROOT and WDIR, but that was just from
looking in a couple Makefiles. Mostly what I'm interested in for now
is the initramfs, so I don't plan to rebuild the root.ext2 system
often.

Anyway, it still only works sometimes to get the node/symlink up.
Strangely, the retry code doesn't seem to do anything for me. If the
node wasn't there when  udevsettle returned, then just waiting any
longer doesn't change anything. Unfortunately, I can't provide any
input when I'm dropped to a shell, so I can't do any debugging on /sys
or /dev. Maybe it's because I'm using a USB keyboard. The same thing
happens in my initramfs setup. Sorry, can't provide any more details
there.

But it works fine when the node is found.

--
Dan