LiveCD rebuild help requested

Roger Young r.young at irl.cri.nz
Sat Jun 9 06:05:31 PDT 2007

Thanks for your reply Jaqui.
It was just the help I needed.

I found that I had problems compiling
the ethernet driver from the build directory
because of the conflict between the LiveCD
kernel and my current one. The solution
I found was to boot to the LiveCD, then
compile and copy the module to the hard disk
after noting the installation path. I also
copied over modules.dep and one or two other
files. Then I rebooted, followed the remastering
proceedure and copied the module into its
correct location under the LiveCD root directory.

Burnt the CD and it worked perfectly (located
the network adapter)!

Many thanks for your help.
Roger Young.