LiveCD Users

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 06:25:14 PDT 2007

On 7/23/07, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 01:37:31PM -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
>
> > I used to find the C based init program irritating, but now it's been
> > removed for a shell based one. That seems nicer and more flexible.
>
> Oh? What specifically was irritating about it? Just curious - the new
> one is definitely a more usable replacement.

Honestly, I guess I was just frustrated because it wasn't booting for
me (it was because there was no driver and had nothing to do with the
program). But it being C based made it more difficult to debug when I
thought it was the program. Mostly what you want to be doing in an
initramfs is better suited to a shell script, though, so I was happy
to see the change even if it really had no bearing on me.

--
Dan