LiveCD Users

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 17 20:29:52 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm aware that this is perhaps a little off-topic for the -dev list, but
I feel that this thread could really help future development of the CD,
so please bear with me and help me out with as much feedback as you can
muster. :)

The LiveCD project rarely hears much back from its end users, unless
someone has a problem booting, or understanding how to use the CD, or
having trouble building LFS (in which case they're talking to the wrong
list anyway).

The effect is that we really have no idea who uses the CD, how useful
certain features/aspects of it are, what things may need to be improved
and so on. So please, if you use the LFS LiveCD, please reply to this
thread (on whatever list you read it), and if possible, provide the
following info:

1) What version of the CD do you use/have?

2) What do you use the CD most for?

3) What are the most useful parts of the CD to you?

4) What is the most annoying or useless bits of the CD?

5) What would you change/add/improve?

Of course any other thoughts or comments are welcome. We really just
need to get an idea of how useful our project is to the community. If
it's too much work to answer the above, just a short reply saying you
use the CD would be helpful, too.

Thanks in advance,