Internet on LiveCD

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sat Jul 14 21:29:12 PDT 2007

Dan McGhee wrote:
> I'm going to use LiveCD as a host system for another LFS build.  Want to
> reformat the hard drives and go from scratch.  My problem is in
> connecting to the Internet.  I might add that this area is one of the
> weakest I have in building these LFS systems.  I have, from pure rote,
> performed commands and created files.  I know only that in my current
> system I can connect to the Internet.  Don't ask me why. <BG>
>
> What I want to do is to remaster LiveCD with my networking settings.

<snip your files>

This contains a lot of unused variables and wrong information. However, it
looks like you are using a static IP - so why not run the "net-setup" script
and save the ifconfig.eth0 and resolv.conf files it produces? Also, you need
to delete /etc/udev/rules.d/76-network.rules.

If this doesn't help, please post the output of the following commands from
your known-working system:

ip addr list
ip route list