boot LiveCD from hard disk - now possible!

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 8 19:43:23 PDT 2007

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> starting from r1950, it is possible to store the LiveCD image on a partition
> (maybe even on a flash drive - but it is untested) as a file, and boot this
> file as a real CD.

Cool. Nice work, Alex. I'll be giving this a try shortly. Assuming we
don't hit any major bugs in this, we should add it to the documentation.

As far as documentation goes, too. I'm wondering if we should perhaps
start keeping it in some format that is a little more portable, too. So
that we have it easily in text-only and html. Thoughts?