macbook

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 4 15:36:19 PDT 2007

Christoph Ostarek wrote:
> Now, some news about the keyboard on macbook.
>
> Ok, on normal boot, keyboard doesn't work with the lfs-live-cd.
> But: I simply installed refit on my usb-stick and I booted from usb
> and then from cd.
> And it worked great.
> But: only with the 32-bit edition; on 64-bit edition, it didn't

Alexander,

Just a FYI, this is an isolinux problem. I haven't investigated it very
far, but when booting isolinux on an Intel Macintosh you have about a 1
in 10 chance of getting the keyboard to work at the prompt. Usually if
you plug in another USB keyboard it's fine. From all appearances, it's a
race condition somewhere.

On the LFS LiveCD, this isn't a major problem because we have the
timeout. On a certain Debian CDs, however, there is no timeout at the
prompt and you must plug in an external keyboard.