macbook

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Tue Jul 3 04:16:33 PDT 2007

Christoph Ostarek wrote:
> I thought this (http://www.torredehanoi.org/pub/lfs-livecd/lfslivecd-
> x86_64-CRS051009-pre1.iso)
> would be a 64-bit LiveCD.

This file should not exist, but I have no control over that site. Also, look
at the file date - year 2005!

> It isn't really the kernel config's fault, that the keyboard doesn't
> work.
> As far as I know the efi (mac-bios) has a bug. Ubuntu hasn't solved this
> problem, too. The only solution I found is to use refit on a usb stick.
> refit is an efi not developed by apple and hasn't this keyboard-bug.

Thanks for the information. However,
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBook doesn't mention refit in the
Ubuntu 7.04 section. So it looks like the problem is solved on their side -
so please test the development CD, because I want to know if it has the fix.