Boot from ISO.

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Mon Feb 26 21:28:57 PST 2007

TekEmperor wrote:

> Unfortunately I can't make such a promise since this is my first LFS.

I have already bent the rules too much by providing a hint.

> The hibernation option would not work in my current setup because the
> other operating system (DSL 3.2) I use on my laptop (my only computer
> right now) loads all swap partitions by default.  The idea of running
> the LFS LiveCD from my harddrive is to allow a usable environment to
> access the internet while I compile in the background.

Understood. However, you can modify DSL bootscripts so that this doesn't
happen (and all LFS users are expected to be already able to read,
understand, modify and write their own bootscripts). Or install Debian Etch,
it has a nice small netinst CD and is a perfectly good host for LFS, after
you install the "build-essential", "bzip2" and some other packages. Or read
this:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/stages-stop-and-resume.txt

> Well using your hint I did get farther.

Congratulations!

> I'm just going to assume that there is more to it than I tried, and ask
> you kindly to send me the infromation privately.

Another very slight hint will be mailed to you privately instead of the full
information in a week (so that you have a chance to figure it out on your
own) - but that's the last hint.