livecd freezes my computer

Gerald Sherette gsherette at satx.rr.com
Wed Feb 14 23:44:23 PST 2007

On Wednesday 14 February 2007 11:05 pm, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Gerald Sherette wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >     I've built a couple of LFS systems using previous versions of the
> > livecd and and they worked great.
>
> Please specify which previous versions. Also, does the problem go away with
> LFS LiveCD 6.3-pre1?
>
> >     I have tried options to turn off dpms, acpi, and apm. I have no idea
> > what to try next.
>
> You should try building LFS-6.2 from SuSE. As a part of this task, you will
> build your custom kernel. If you manage to find a 2.6.16.x kernel
> configuration that works for you, please mail me the .config file privately
> (if not, the bug will not be fixed). Then I'll show you how to boot the
> LiveCD with a custom kernel, and we'll use this technique to find out which
> kernel option is wrong for you on the CD.
>
> --
> Alexander E. Patrakov

Thank you for the prompt reply Alexander.
The previous versions of the Livecd that worked on this machine were 6.1.1-1
and 6.2.1

And YES!! I just tried the 6.3-pre1 cd and it recovers from inactivity with no
freezing.

Tomorrow I'll try some other versions of the livecd and post the results here
just for the record.

Again thanks to you and all the LFS/BLFS teams.
                                                     Jerry