livecd freezes my computer

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed Feb 14 21:05:56 PST 2007

Gerald Sherette wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I've built a couple of LFS systems using previous versions of the livecd
> and and they worked great.

Please specify which previous versions. Also, does the problem go away with
LFS LiveCD 6.3-pre1?

>     I have tried options to turn off dpms, acpi, and apm. I have no idea what
> to try next.

You should try building LFS-6.2 from SuSE. As a part of this task, you will
build your custom kernel. If you manage to find a 2.6.16.x kernel
configuration that works for you, please mail me the .config file privately
(if not, the bug will not be fixed). Then I'll show you how to boot the
LiveCD with a custom kernel, and we'll use this technique to find out which
kernel option is wrong for you on the CD.