r1451 - in branches/udev_update: . packages/bash packages/binutils packages/binutils/vars packages/coreutils packages/db packages/gcc packages/gcc/vars packages/glibc packages/texinfo packages/util-linux vars

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 31 09:37:35 PST 2006

Sorry I am so late in getting to this thread. ftp.lfs.org is deprecated
and scheduled for removal. I hope someone saw my comments in the
zonefile. RR-DNS is not a good thing as it takes away choice. I should
not be forced to use an Asian or European mirror when I live in the US
and vice versa. References to ftp.lfs.org have been removed from the
book, but I only made a comment in the zonefile as to give time for the
new reference (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/download.html#ftp) to
enter the stable book. Since this happened when 6.1.1 was released,
ftp.lfs.org can effectively be removed from the zonefile now.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs