r1451 - in branches/udev_update: . packages/bash packages/binutils packages/binutils/vars packages/coreutils packages/db packages/gcc packages/gcc/vars packages/glibc packages/texinfo packages/util-linux vars

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 25 11:24:41 PST 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Sorry. This means one of two things:
>
> 1) Jeremy Huntwork doesn't like the old server and wants everyone to
> stop using it.
>
> 2) Jeremy Huntwork doesn't know about Makefile.personal, specifically
> designed for such cases when a personal preference doesn't match the
> official default.

Well this sounds very accusatory. Neither case is correct, and perhaps
Alexander you could ask me directly and wait for my response before
jumping to conclusions.

I did this because I thought that 'ftp.linuxfromscratch.org' was
supposed to be the official name to use. After all, why have RR DNS
setup if not to distribute among several participating mirrors? I didn't
realize that we had some very unreliable mirrors participating. Seeing
that this is the case, perhaps it would be wise to drop RR DNS entirely.

I have no problems with ftp.lfs-matrix.net being the default considering
the trouble with other mirrors and that Justin, the admin, is happy with
it being set that way. Feel free to change it back.

And again, next time, could you *please* talk to me instead of getting
all up in arms and accusatory?