r1451 - in branches/udev_update: . packages/bash packages/binutils packages/binutils/vars packages/coreutils packages/db packages/gcc packages/gcc/vars packages/glibc packages/texinfo packages/util-linux vars

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Fri Mar 24 18:12:43 PST 2006

alexander at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> -export HTTP ?= http://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/conglomeration
> +export HTTP ?= http://ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/pub/lfs/conglomeration

Wow, when did this happen?  I never saw that in a commit, and IMO, using
ftp.linuxfromscratch.org over HTTP is very bad.  Not many of the ftp
servers in the RRDNS support FTP over HTTP, and some of the servers
(like the planetmirror which dropped LFS and BLFS recently) are still in
the rotation.  If you guys don't like lfs-matrix.net, we can use
ftp.osuosl.org as they have a fatter pipe.

Justin