LiveCD 6.1.1-4

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Fri Mar 17 20:22:45 PST 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> Justin R. Knierim wrote:
>
>> Alexander Patrakov might have some questions for you, since we have
>> been trying to solve this little bug for quite some time.  :)
>

> If only I knew what to ask... :) In fact, a working i586 is not a news
> for me: bochs also works. Is the problem limited to AMD K6 processors?
> Is there an Intel-based box with this problem?

Maybe I just need a refresher history lesson - which Intel processors
would be identified as a i586?  I ran uname -p on a Pentium II and
it still says i686.  Now I just ran uname -a on a 166 Mhz Pentium and
it says i586.

In this case I misspoke earlier when I said I had 6.1.1 running on a
i586 - I'm only running it on a Pentium III or better - I forgot how
long ago the world went i686, and I've owned just about every CPU since
the 8088 (I even had a 80186 in a HP palmtop).

Steve