"Starting init..."

Howard L. hlenderk at bcpl.net
Fri Mar 17 07:20:42 PST 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> Howard L. wrote:
>
>> L2) new test with:
>> linux noapic pci=noacpi nohlt mem=nopentium
>> after running windows '98 I got a little further than "Starting init"
>> ran through pretty fast and I was happy to see some progress:)
>> I got left with about 20 lines of lines like these next two then the
>> ending:
>> [<c0101c2f>] sys_execve+0x2f/0x1f0
>> [<c01030e7>] syscall_call+0x7/0xb
>> SQUASHFS error: sb_bread failed reading block 0x22f5
>> SQUASHFS error: Unable to read fragment cache block [8b65cl]
>> SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 8b65cl, size 71be
>>  ..... and then it hangs .....
>
> The first two lines you typed in (containing sys_execve and
> syscall_call) are the end of a kernel OOPS. I need the full OOPS,
> starting from the "PREEMPT SMP" words on the screen. If you are too
> lazy to type the whole thing in, send a jpeg photo of the screen.

Mr. Patrakof,
     In the above message when I indicated that there were 20 lines on
top of the first two I included I meant that the screen was filled up
with lines like those two and the info you refer to had indeed run off
the screem.  If I had the info I would have typed it in.
 I have already done so for three or four screenfuls, so I beg your
pardon on being lazy:)
 Do you mean you want a fast motion video of it scrolling off the screen?
Couldn't there some way to dump this output to a file?
Thanks?, Howard