"Starting init..."

Howard L. hlenderk at bcpl.net
Thu Mar 16 23:12:43 PST 2006

> Thanks for your oops reports, they suggest that you may be able to
> work around the problem by booting with the following line:
>
> linux noapic pci=noacpi nohlt mem=nopentium

OK so how do I add to the bug report like Justin just did.  I can't see it.
Anyhow , here's this:

L2) new test with:
linux noapic pci=noacpi nohlt mem=nopentium
after running windows '98 I got a little further than "Starting init"
ran through pretty fast and I was happy to see some progress:)
I got left with about 20 lines of lines like these next two then the
ending:
[<c0101c2f>] sys_execve+0x2f/0x1f0
[<c01030e7>] syscall_call+0x7/0xb
SQUASHFS error: sb_bread failed reading block 0x22f5
SQUASHFS error: Unable to read fragment cache block [8b65cl]
SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 8b65cl, size 71be
  ..... and then it hangs .....
ctrl-alt-del works
BUT when rebooting from that I only get to the good old "Starting init..."
starting '98 again and then back I can reproduce this output.
I don't know, I'll try the desktop k6 tomorrow AM.
Thanks and good night , Howard