"Starting init..."

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Thu Mar 16 08:13:14 PST 2006

Howard L. wrote:

> linux noapic pci=noapic mem=64M

typo, should be pci=noacpi.

> The laptop hung the same at "Start init..."  but the desktop went a few
> lines further.

Many thanks for the report about the desktop.

> Well at least 1  "PREEMPT SMP"  and then what looks like about 20 lines
> of system status report.
> Is that right?

This (kernel oops) is a very bad news to me (and you are the first to
report it). If you have a digital camera, please take a photo of this
and mail here. Otherwise, write everything down starting from the
"PREEMPT SMP" line.

If there is something scrolled above the top of the screen, try the
following at the boot prompt:

linux noapic pci=noacpi mem=64M vga=789

> I am sure don't see anything about "LiteOn"!

Thanks, now I am sure that LiteOn is a red herring.