Starting init...

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed Mar 1 19:36:04 PST 2006

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Certainly this could be the problem. But how do we know absolutely that
> the problem is indeed unionfs? I haven't seen that explained. Before we
> make another decision concerning this, I'd like to see information that
> shows without a shadow of doubt this is a unionfs bug.

I will work on it. You could try the following steps first:

1) Build a system with (buggy) unionfs-1.0.12. It won't boot on your
computer (with oops). Now sed out /sbin/otplug and see that it starts
working.

2) Try simulating early /sbin/hotplug load. E.g., run 256 /bin/sh -c
"grep food /lib/modules/`uname -r`/modues.pcimap" processes in parallel.
Not sure if this helps locking up your computer.

3) Rebuild and reinstall vim 1000 times. The end result is a lockup, not
oops.