RFC: location of source packages on livecd - discuss

Justin Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Wed Jan 25 09:11:21 PST 2006

Matt Darcy wrote:

> If a user interprets the book to mean build in /sources, then again it
> won't work due to the read only file system.

Maybe I am missing something here also.  The filesystem of the LiveCD is
not read-only.  You can write and change whatever you like in it while
it is running.  The only limitation is how much RAM and swap you have,
and it generally is considered a bad idea to build completely in RAM but
on the hdd instead (yeah yeah, if you have 4+ GB ram then you can but
for the average computer...).

Just FYI or maybe I am mistaken.

Justin