localedef file not found error

Michael Chrostowski soks86 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 23:23:53 PST 2006

After the Chapter 6 compile of glibc I get an error when trying to do
anything with 'localdef'. It states

/usr/bin/localedef: No Such file or directory

This doesn't happen in a non chrooted environment (with this exact
binary) and it doesn't happen with the localedef in my /tools/bin even
in the chrooted environment. Any ideas?

ALSO

This is more CD specific, sorry that the last question wasn't. Is it
an alright idea NOT to do all the /tools stuff if I'm doing LFS off of
the CD? I mean I did it but I'm just wondering. It would make the
process go faster and I'm sure I could trust the LFS cd toolchain...
right... heh.

Thanks a lot for any help.

- Michael Chrostowski