Generic Kernel .configure

jac14 at daimlerchrysler.com jac14 at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jan 24 09:01:26 PST 2006

I hope this is the correct forum to post this question,

I have a need for creating a generic kernel to load on a variety of PC
clone machines, and lack the expertise and time to develop a kernel block
for this purpose. The kernel used in the LFS-CD (6.1.1-3) has proven to
both boot and recognize all the varied hardware of the systems I am
supporting. Is there a simple way to either include this kernel and all
the extras in my LFS build, or to provide the .configure file for the
build so I can do a make and install it myself. (Please no RTFM

John A. (Jack) Chaney
jac14 at daimlerchrysler.com
248 944 2784