Start X-server question

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Thu Jan 19 04:32:58 PST 2006

Stephen Liu wrote:

>FYI, tried other Live-CDs on this PC and 19" monitor.  They work
>without problem, the monitor detected automatically.
>Resolution:1280x1024x24

That's because they have huge monitor databases, while we rely only on
Xorg builtin monitor detection mechanisms.

Since I couldn't guess the reason of this failure, could you please mail
me (privately) the following files:

1) /var/log/Xorg.0.log with the old monitor, without "Modes"
2) /var/log/Xorg.0.log (the failed one) with the new monitor, without
"Modes"
3) /var/log/Xorg.0.log with the new monitor, with Modes "1280x1024".

In all three cases, just press Enter at the boot prompt, because I don't
want results skewed by the presence of the "vga=..." parameter.