Uname wrapper bug

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed Jan 18 04:48:06 PST 2006

Hello,

in trunk, in packages/perl/perl-5.8.7-stage1.log, I see:

What is your architecture name [i686-linux]
Where do you want to put the public architecture-dependent libraries?
(~name ok)[/tools/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i686-linux]

and so on. The "i686" comes from the output of the "arch" program that
has not been wrapped. In my local copy, I have solved the problem by
creating a wrapper for "arch" also.

For the (misnamed) "qx64" branch, the proposed (and tested) plan is:

1) Always add /lfs-livecd/scripts as the first component in $PATH
2) Have this uname wrapper as /lfs-livecd/scripts/uname:

#!/bin/sh
PATH=${PATH#*:}
uname "$@" | sed 's/[56]86/486/'

3) Have this arch wrapper as /lfs-livecd/scripts/arch:

#!/bin/sh
PATH=${PATH#*:}
arch "$@" | sed 's/[56]86/486/'

4) Don't install this wrapper into /tools/bin or /bin while installing
coreutils, because it is the first in $PATH anyway.

Is this wrapper change OK also for trunk?