Problem with Live CD

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 17 08:57:14 PST 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> I suspect a bug in the binary /init in initramfs. Justin: could you
> please recommend some old 6.1-pre CD with klibc-based initramfs?

I don't think it's the initramfs or init. It got past all of that. If it
says 'Loading init..." it's on the very last stage of the init, and it's
trying to pass control to /sbin/init, the sysvinit.  To me, it sounds
more like the CD was burned badly or the iso was corrupted.

The user should check the md5sum of the iso and if it's fine try burning
the CD again, if possible.