Customizing the LiveCD

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 16 10:26:03 PST 2006

Dan McGhee wrote:
> This process is not clear to me.  Maybe I'm being obtuse, but if I run
[snip]

The second-session directory will house whatever files you want to be
custom on the CD. The contents will correspond to the root filesystem on
the CD. So as the instructions say:

mkdir second-session && cd second-session
vim path/to/new-file
    ^ Notice that there isn't a leading '/'

So you will be creating a new file in vim, essentially,
second-session/path/to/new-file

That should clear it up for you, I hope.

> The second method may be a little more straight forward to me, but I
> just don't know how far to "back up" in creating the livecd image.  This
> is what I think I have to do:
>
> 1.  put my files in the correct directories in $(MP)--/mnt/lfs for me
> 2.  back-up the original livecd-x86-6.2-pre3.iso to someplace where I
> won't screw it up
> 3.  delete livecd-x86-6.2-pre3.iso from the livecd directory
> 4.  delete $(MP)/iso/
> 5.  make iso
> 6.  burn iso
> 7.  boot it up

Yes, this should work. :) Just please don't distribute the resultant CD
as a LFS LiveCD. ;)