Error 404 Building glibc

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Sat Jan 14 11:19:42 PST 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> Dan McGhee wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to build livecd-6.2-pre1.  The build stopped at glibc.
>> The makefile is trying to download glibc-2.3.5.tar.bz2.
>

> Why not build the SVN version of the CD instead? This will be -pre3
> soon, and it includes X11R7.

Thank you, Alexander.  I don't have much facility with SVN, I checked
out 6.2-pre1 because I found it in the "tags."  To check out the current
SVN version, I used this command:

svn co -r HEAD svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd lfs-livecd

and got a lot more than I bargained for.  Even though I now have all the
branches and tags, can I just go into the "trunk" and run the Makefile?

Thanks again,

Dan