Environment in Makefiles

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 14 08:44:29 PST 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> Do you agree with the proposed changes?

Yes, if you clarify what you mean by number 1. Do you mean that when we
use 'make' it in turn initiates bash? Because we only directly call bash
3 times:

lfsenv, chenv-pre-bash and chenv-post-bash

Each of those instances is handled by the main Makefile and then within
that environment a string of packages are built. There is code to handle
it all individually (the chroot target in each package), so that we can
build a package one at a time, but not when we start a normal scripted
build.