Error 404 Building glibc

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Sat Jan 14 08:30:01 PST 2006

Dan McGhee wrote:

> I'm trying to build livecd-6.2-pre1.  The build stopped at glibc.  The
> makefile is trying to download glibc-2.3.5.tar.bz2.  A quick look at
> the glibc makefile,
> http://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/conglomeration/glibc, and the
> current LFS Book SVN snapshot show that glibc-2.3.6 is the going version.

The 6.2-pre1 LiveCD was more of a testing release and there has already
been (I believe) a pre2 release and most likely a UTF8-enabled pre3
soon.  Now sure if you want to build and test a later preX release.
Just be warned that these aren't final releases and therefore could
contain bugs.

> I'm going to try to change the livecd glibc makefile to accomodate
> this change.  Don't know how successful I will be.

I manage all the ftp repos for LFS, HLFS, CLFS and BLFS.  While I would
love to never delete any files, it just isn't possible because all 10+
mirrors need that much more disk space and get that much more traffic
from people recursively downloading the whole repo.  The files that
aren't used in any stable version (6.0, 6.1, 6.1.1) or in the latest LFS
development version can and will be deleted.  If this happens again, you
can google for the file, and download it to /mnt/lfs/sources (watch for
bz2 and gz differences!) and continue the build.

Justin