Building SVN LFS with LiveCD

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Thu Jan 12 03:26:13 PST 2006

I used LiveCD-6.1.1-3 to build LFS for my laptop.  Now it's time to
rebuild on the PC.  I want to use the 6.2 release candidate for livecd
and the development version of LFS so that I can use gcc-4.

I checked out a copy of the release candidate livecd from SVN a couple
of days ago and have been studying it.  Everything seems straight
forward except for a couple of files I want to use from my machine:
/etc/resolv.conf and /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.eth0.

I know that the build scripts will use these two files to generate the
livecd.  However, must I put them in their respective directories in the
livecd root directory for them to appear in the finished product

I found it really convenient to use the livecd to build LFS.  The
ability to copy and paste made the process much better.  Thanks for the
work.

Dan