r1355 - in trunk: doc packages/nALFS-profile

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed Jan 11 19:51:55 PST 2006

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

>alexander at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>

>> (A tool for automating a Linux From Scratch installation)
>>+WARNING: the supplied profile is obsolete and doesn't match the book.
>>

>I wouldn't say it's obsolete. That's a bit harsh and isn't necessarily
>true, either.

I reworded the line. It is, however, true because the profile builds a
non-UTF-8 system. Once a UTF-8 capable profile appears, the line will be
(probably) completely removed or reworded further.

> It would be better to say that it matches the SVN book
>from a specific date and that there may be useful additions to the book
>since that time.

It may be a good idea to add the LFS book date/version to all future LFS
profiles (maybe, in general.ent). This way, it will be possible to
extract this information automatically and put it into the README.