Cruft on the LiveCD

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 8 16:18:39 PST 2006

Archaic wrote:
 > Would it be better to have a scripting-ready cd (i.e, nALFS, jALFS and
> the books) and a more full-featured CD ala what we have as separate
> download options? The small one could forget all about X and use console
> apps only and as such would still be a legitimate and powerful recovery
> CD as well as a quite suitable host for building LFS.

I have thought about this before. We really could do that. And such a CD
might be 200Mb or so, possibly less. I'll leave this as an option to
consider for the near future. We should start by compiling a list of
what non-LFS packages such a CD would have. Here's a brief start:

wget
lynx
jhalfs :D
subversion
libxml2, libxslt (everything needed to render the LFS book)
all the fsprogs we have currently
ssh