Cruft on the LiveCD

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 8 11:40:01 PST 2006

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 10:04:37AM -0800, Justin R. Knierim wrote:

> It was useful for you because you needed to run a temporary samba
> server?  Or for other reasons?  I do use the CD to mount a smb volume
> sometimes, and I think that functionality should stay.  Not sure about
> having the samba server also.

Would it be better to have a scripting-ready cd (i.e, nALFS, jALFS and
the books) and a more full-featured CD ala what we have as separate
download options? The small one could forget all about X and use console
apps only and as such would still be a legitimate and powerful recovery
CD as well as a quite suitable host for building LFS.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs