Cruft on the LiveCD

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Sun Jan 8 09:40:01 PST 2006

Archaic wrote:

>Just a question, how many people use the CD to check their email? I'm
>sure all the MTA/MUA stuff is sizeable with Tbird being the largest of
>the lot. Other than that and what you mentioned, nothing really seems to
>stand out.

I believe the reasoning behind having a mail client, as well as a
newsreader and irc client, is so that a user can ask for help on the
mailing lists, newsserver (when we still had it) and on irc.  I
occasionally use the mail client as well, so I can check the mailing
lists while my main system is doing a test jhlfs, LiveCD or nALFS build.

As Alexander suggested, I think switching from firefox/thunderbird to
mozilla would save some space and offer more functionality.

Justin