Problem when install Glibc-2.3.4 in Chapter 6.11use LFS 6.1live CD

Your Friend Efid aku_sahabatmu at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 04:52:08 PST 2006

Hello,

My name is Efid, and I followed the LFSHint__How to
build a LFS 6.1 system using the LFS live CD
instruction.

Until end of Chapter 5 there is no problem for the
installation of the packages.

Problem shows up when I installed Glibc-2.3.4 in
Chapter 6.11.
I have followed the instruction in this chapter until
"make check" command, and I have got result :

"
 libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for phtread_ cancel
to work
 Didn't expect signal from child: got 'Aborted'
 make [2]: ***
[/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-mutex8.out] Error 1
 make [2]: Leaving directory
`/sources/glibc-2.3.4/nptl'
 make [1]: *** [/nptl/tests] Error 2
 make [1]: Leaving directory `/sources/glibc-2.3.4/'
 make: *** [check] Error 2
"

after that I typed "touch /etc/ld.so.conf" and "make
install" command, and I have got result :
"
 CC="gcc" /usr/bin/perl script/test-installation.pl
/sources/glibc-build/
 Your new glibc installation seems to be ok.
 make [1]: Leaving directory `sources/glibc-2.3.4'
"

I continued the installation anyway until end of
chapter 6.11. Glibc-2.3.4.

In Chapter 6.12. Re-adjusting the Toolchain , I
followed the instruction to type
"make -C ld INSTALL=/tools/bin/install install" and a
perl command.
After that I performed the sanity check :
"
 echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
 cc dummy.c
"
and I have got a message after I did "cc dummy.c"
command :
"
/tools/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
can not find -lgcc_s
 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
"
Because of that I'm not going to continue the
installation process.

The Question is where did I do the mistake, and how to
solve this problem because I have repeated these steps
3 times and I have got the same result.

Can you help me, please ?, I'm waiting your response.

Thanks.