Can I disable EHCI?

Dominic Hilsbos isomerx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 15:08:02 PST 2006

LFSers:

I'm building on a system that only has USB 1.1 ports (OHCI compatible) but
when I plug my USB key into a port I get the following errors:

ehci_hcd  0000:00:1d.7: port 2 reset error -110
hub 1-0:1.0: hub_port_status failed (err = -32)
hub 1-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 2.  Maybe the USB cable is bad?

The key works beautifully with my Windows systems.

I notice that the first line mentions EHCI, but as a 1.0/1 port I would
think that OHCI would be handling it, yes?

As such is there a flag that I can send to the livecd kernel that will tell
it not to use EHCI, and if I do will it use OHCI?

I need to be able to mount the USB key within the livecd environment, as I
need to replace the Bzip2 that comes on the CD, it's giving errors when I
try to decompress it.

here's a snip from what tar -zxf (also got same error with -xf) generated:

tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

gzip: invalid compressed data--crc error

gzip: invalid sompressed data--length errors

Anyone help with either of these?

IsomerX