LiveCd into RAM

Christian Metzen met at shd.de
Thu Dec 21 10:12:10 PST 2006

Christian Metzen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I really like the way the new LiveCD now works with a compressed ext2 fs and
> the c based init file.
>
> What would be really interesting if someone has an idea how i can change the
> LiveCD so that there is the possibility to load the whole system into RAM so
> that one can unmount the CD and insert another one, for example for burning
> issues etc.pp.
>
> I'm planing to use this CD for various issues on a really great amount of
> computers, but having the cdrom drive accessable would be really needed.
>
> Any ideas about that?
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

Well, this is just a thought, shouldn't it be possible to copy the
root.ext2 file into a ramdisk and get it mounted from there?

My Image is not that big, only 100MB, so the size shouldn't matter.

Regards,
Chris

--
Mit besten Grüssen aus Andernach,

Christian Metzen

SHD Datentechnik GmbH & Co.KG,  Rennweg 60,  56626 Andernach
Telefon(0 26 32)295 - 0   Fax(0 26 32)295 - 571
met at shd.de     http://www.shd.de